Boomer's Blog

This is my Blog. Some of my best friends have blogs, and my mommy finally said I could have one too!! :)

Sunday, November 05, 2006

This is Where I Live


Hi again, here's a picture of where I live. This is looking out the front window of our trailer here in Fairbanks, Alaska. This picture is from last winter, but it looks pretty much the same right now.

On the side there you can just see the edge of the deck that we use in the summer. Mom likes to garden some and so we get to go out on the deck and sit in the sun while she gardens. You can see the tracks on the pond out front, the snowmobiles like to go out there in the winter, and there are ducks in the summer that visit us there too. I like to watch the ducks. They aren't afraid of me either I can almost go right up to them. I try to sniff but they don't let me get THAT close.

When I first got here, I used to run away, I like to run you know. I can run really fast, and my mom can't keep up with me when I'm running. But then cause I kept running away, she started putting me in a harness and on a big long rope so I could only go so far without having to stop. That way mom doesn't have to try to run after me. I figured out pretty quick that when I run away it's really hard on my mom, see she can't walk very well, or very far, so I don't run away anymore, I stay nice and close.

Yesterday I put up a picture of Melody and Pepper, they're mom's other yorkies. Melody is at Rainbow Bridge now, but Pepper is still here and I just love to chase him. This is a picture of Kevin, one of our kitties! Kevin's really nice to me, and I like Kevin alot. I especially like to chase Kevin, but he's 10 years old now and doesn't always like to play with me, so sometimes he just sits on top of me, so I can move, and that's it, I know when Kevin does that, that I'd better leave him alone for a little while, that he probably wants to have a nap.

Mom says it's time for dinner now, and I'm awful hungry today, so I'll talk to you all again soon!

Night night everyone.
Boomer.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Mary-Margaret O'Brien said…

    Dear Boomer: I just LOVE your blog. Oh, I can't wait to read it every day. It's really just like being pen pals only better, isn't it?

    I think Melody and Pepper look like they had a nice life together. I'm really sorry to hear about Melody. But now Pepper has a little brother. That must be nice for him (and the cats, but we can talk about cats some other day, ok?).

    Love, Mary-Margaret

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Boomer! We are friends of Mary-Margaret too but guess what? We are FROM Fairbanks, Alaska. We just moved from there 2 years ago :) What a small world, isn't it?

    Love,

    Simon & Hallie

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Boomer,Auntie Dee here.
    Really love reading your blog.
    I live in Wa.as you know,and we get snow here too.
    Not as much as you do.
    Tell your mommy thanks for putting the three links on her e/m's.
    Look forward to hearing more about you day to day adventures.
    Love ya Boomer
    Auntie Dee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home